Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another limitation

I have discovered another minor limitation to using my Chromebook: I can't attach my Garmin GPS to the USB port and expect to address the GPS to upload or download data.  Now I know that some people have figured out how to address the internal file system and therein could manage to move smaller files between devices and the Chromebook.  However, I don't think that most people are going to be interested in learning this "hack" to manage their netbook.  I believe the fact that it would take another laptop to communicate with the GPS is another strike against a netbook.

I still love my Chromebook and enjoy using it for it's intended purpose.  The battery life continues to serve exceptionally well for light to medium web surfing.  If I think that I'm going to be doing a lot of research or media activities I will get the charging cable as required but generally I find it a extremely productive unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment